University of San Francisco
Web & Digital Communications seeks a talented Web Specialist to join our Web Services department. You will work as a team member to develop and maintain a wide range of online resources, including school/college websites, third-party websites, and web reporting. You will also individually manage the development of projects from concept and directly implement solutions to completion, serving as a liaison between the university client and the Web & Digital Communications team.
• Serve as the first point of contact for requests and projects directed to the Web & Digital Communications office.
• Monitor and co-manage the Web Services email and ticketing queue, flagging tasks and routing requests to appropriate staff.
• Provide daily support, maintenance, and enhancement of the USF website and third-party sites.
• Assist in documentation and education of USF website standards and procedures.
• Oversee student workers by assigning and checking work, coaching, and managing schedules.
• Participate in troubleshooting and quality assurance testing for various websites, applications, and tools.
• Develop and provide information on advanced technical/training support for the University’s web content management system and other online tools (via blogs, surveys, and website tutorials).
• Create web analytics reports, provide insight on interpreting results, and help clients improve their website usability.
• Research and recommend techniques and technologies for advancing the University web site.
• Cross-train with Web & Email Specialists to provide back-up, as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Experience in developing websites and web applications.
• Excellent communication skills, organization skills, and ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
• Strong project management skills and ability to keep work/tasks organized and prioritized.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Successful track record collaborating and completing projects with both technical and non-technical colleagues
• Understanding of and commitment to USF’s Vision, Mission, and Values.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Experience and proven track record developing websites that utilize a web content management system.
• Knowledge of website development best practices, including SEO techniques and compliance with Section 508 accessibility guidelines.
• Familiarity with Drupal.
• Experience using spreadsheets/project management software preferred.
• Familiarity with PHP and MySQL preferred.
For information on how to apply, please visit the following link: http://apptrkr.com/877394
The University of San Francisco is an equal opportunity institution of higher education. As a matter of policy, the University does not discriminate in employment, educational services and academic programs on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age (except minors), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition (cancer-related and genetic-related) and disability, and the other bases prohibited by law. The University reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities under the law.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on DotOrgJobs